Taking regular backups of your server is extremely important. It protects your server against data loss. You can set your WHM panel to take periodic backup, this makes sure that you are never caught off guard. To make sure that this process of continues to run smoothly it is extremely important to make sure that your server has enough disk space to save your backups.
We can set up notifications on the WHM panel that will inform you how much disk space you have.
Watch the video below to know more,
- Log in to your WHM panel.
- Under the Server notification, click on the Tweak Settings option. Once the tweak settings page opens up, go to the “Notifications” tab.
- Here you will see the first option “System Disk Space Usage Warnings”. It is enabled by default.
- Next, you will see the “Account system disk usage Warn percentage” option. Here, you can set the percentage of disk space use after which the system sends a notification to the administrative email address. This is 82.55% by default, you can change this by entering the percentage limit you want to set.
- Next, you will see the “Account system disk usage Critical percentage” option. When the disk space hits this amount of usage, you get notified again. You can set the limit for this as per your desire.
- Disk quota usage warnings are also enabled by default.
- Under this, you will get notifications for the cPanel users. If you have set a quota for cPanel users, then you will be notified once at 80% and once again when it hits 90%. Both these limits are set by default. You can change them and set the limits that you want to be notified of.
Once you have made all the changes, scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit Save. And with that, you have successfully set up the notification for Disk Space usage.
In case that you want to make more disk space available, just log in to your server via SSH or FTP and delete older backups. We hope that this will help you understand how to enable disk space notifications for your VPS or Dedicated server from your WHM panel.
If you still need more help, then please chat with us.