Web Host Manager, or WHM, is a powerful program that allows administrative access to the back end of cPanel. It allows you greater flexibility and management access to your VPS or Dedicated Servers.With WHM you can:
- Create your own brand of hosting
- View, analyze, & diagnose server stats
- Create cPanel accounts & hosting packages
- Enhance the security of your server at multiple levels
Watch the video below to know more,
- First things first, log in to your Bluehost panel.
- Once you are logged in, under the ‘Hosting’ tab, find the ‘Performance’ option and click on it.
This will open the performance tab, Here, you will find the sub-section ’Access Management’, click on that.
- In ‘Access Management’ you will find the root user and the option to set or reset your password.
- Enter a strong password and click on ‘Update’.
And with that, you will have set your new WHM root password. To login to your WHM account, you will need to go to your WHM login page.
Your WHM login page can be accessed using your IP address. To get your IP address you will need to go to your ‘Manage IPs’ section You can find that under the ‘Hosting’ tab itself. Once you click on that, it will show your dedicated IP address. Just copy the IP address of your ‘Primary Server’.
Open a new browser tab and enter – HTTPS:// and then paste your IP address. After your IP address, add :(colon) 2087, this is the WHM secured port or 2086 the WHM unsecured port. If you get this warning message just click on Advanced and then click on proceed. This error occurs as SSL certificates cannot be installed on IP addresses.
This will open our WHM login page. Just enter the username, which will always be ‘root’ and your new password. If you have entered the correct credentials then you will now be able to access your WHM account. And with that, you now have access to your WHM panel. And can get the most out of your VPS/Dedicated server.
We hope that this will help you understand how to set the WHM Root password and login to WHM.
If you still need more help, then please chat with us.