What is a domain name?
A domain name is the first step to get online. Just like a physical store, a domain name is a unique address for your business online. You can buy domains at Bluehost.
So let’s see how you can register a domain with Bluehost.
There are two ways you can register a domain name with Bluehost.
Watch the video below to know more,
If you already have an account with Bluehost, an easy method to register a domain is using your Panel.
- Go to the “Domains” tab on your panel menu. And click on either the ‘Register’ option or ‘Add Domain’ option. This will take you to the new domains search page.
- In the text box, type in the domain name that you wish to purchase. And click ‘Check’. This will show you if the domain name is available or not. The search result will also provide you with options from other TLD’s. Once you have decided on which domain names that you want to purchase, click on the cart button next to the desired domain names.
- Here, you will see your cart, which has all the domains you have selected to purchase. Once you review this, click on ‘Next’.
- In the next step, you will need to review your order and also review your ‘Auto Renew’ setting.
If you choose to keep the ‘Auto Renew’ setting active, we will automatically renew your domain name before it expires. For contact information, we will use the information from your Profile Information. You can change this later from the Domain Manager. Privacy Protect is auto-selected, you can choose to not purchase this service with the domain by unchecking the checkbox. Please check to agree on the Domain Registration Agreement to move forward. Next click on ‘Add to cart’.
- On the cart page, select your billing and payment options. If you have an unused Domain Registration coupon, it will get auto-added. You are provided with only one free domain registration coupon. Also, you can review the order quantity and make any changes if necessary. Once you have reviewed your order, click on ‘Process Order’ to purchase
In the second method, you can register a domain name with Bluehost even if you do not have an existing account.
- Go to the Domains on Bluehost Site. In the text box, search for the domain name you want to purchase.
- The search results will show if the domain name is available or not. It will also show options with other TLDs.
- The privacy protect option is auto-checked. Uncheck it if you want to remove privacy protect from your cart.
- Review your order on the shopping cart. And click ‘Proceed’.
- Add your Payment and billing information.
You can review the terms and conditions before clicking ‘Purchase Now’. And that’s it, you have now registered your Domain Name.
And with that, you have successfully registered a new domain name with Bluehost.
If you still need more help, then please chat with us.